Playhouse Studios is founded on the desire to expand our sense of what is possible for ourselves and others through the study of practices involved in storytelling.
- Through our educational offerings we can build strong bonds of relationship with our community.
- Artists and community come together in workshops and classes to learn, investigate, experiment and grow.
- Training in theatre-related skills deepens our capacity for empathy and compassion and stimulates curiosity.
- An emphasis on equity and inclusion is an essential guiding element in our selection of coursework, material and instructors.
- Collaboration is fundamental to the work – the development of communication skills is key.
- Cultivating courage and resilience is central to our work.
Accessing the experience and wealth of knowledge of a variety of visiting and local teaching artists – we invite our community to join us in this exciting new venture.
COVID-19 Precautions: At the heart of The Playhouse’s return to live performances and classes, is the commitment to health and safety protocols that ensure live events are a safe and celebratory experience for the patrons, the artists, and the staff. Everyone, regardless of vaccine status, must wear a face mask at performances.
* Please note Playhouse Studios students will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or show proof of a negative test, within 72 hours of attending a class. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to serving you