No Number Home
Written by Tencha Avila
Directed by Vaughn Irving
Audition Date: (by appointment)
Saturday, March 2nd – 10am to 1pm
Sunday, March 3rd – 3pm to 6pm
Callbacks: (by invitation only) Wednesday, March 6th, 6pm to 9pm
The NEW Playhouse Workshops
3218 Calle Marie, Unit B
Santa Fe • 87507
Development – One read-through per month followed by discussion starting March 30th. (others TBD)
Rehearsal – October 28th – December 11th
Performances – December 12th – December 22nd, Thursday-Saturday at 7:30p, Sunday at 2:00p
(possibility of added performances on Sat. afternoons or Sun. evenings)
No Number Home is about the fear and turmoil that engulfs a small colony of seven Mexican immigrant families — farm workers and their American children – when one of their own goes AWOL from the Army during WWII.
The year is 1944. The place: A colony cluster on the plain in Southeastern Colorado.
Marcos and Carmen are determined to protect their family while hopefully helping their neighbors when the MPs come looking for AWOL Jesus Rodriguez. However, they are fearful of getting caught up in the trouble and possibly deported to Mexico.
No Number Home is a brand new play by local playwright Tencha Avila. We are looking for actors who will also participate in the development process of this new script. In addition to the normal rehearsal and performance schedule, we will be having monthly read-throughs to aid with the new play development process.
- CARMEN ÁLVAREZ – Late 20’s-Early 30’s, Female; Down to earth, practical and resourceful wife/mother.
- MARCOS ÁLVAREZ – 30’s-40’s, Male; Carmen’s husband. Dreamer, poetic and playful father/husband.
- ADELITA ÁLVAREZ – 8, Female; Carmen and Marcos’ daughter. Precocious, outgoing, curious.
- MARCELO RODRÍGUEZ – 50s, Male; Tough and arrogant. Father of Jesús and Joaquin
- JESÚS RODRÍGUEZ – 18, Male; The AWOL soldier, eighteen years old. Timid and insecure.
- JOAQUÍN RODRÍGUEZ – 19-21, Male; Older brother of Jesús. Kind, shy with speaking impairment.
- MP ONE – 30-40, Male, White; A muscular man, tough and militaristic.
- MP TWO – 20-30, Male; Attentive assistant to MP One.
- FATHER LA FORE – 50s-70s, Male; An older man of French Canadian descent. Impressionable and playful
- DOÑA OFELIA’S VOICE – Offstage voice of a coarse old lady.