Dear beloved Playhouse community,
As we navigate our way through these unprecedented times, our hearts go out to all theater companies that have had to cancel and postpone, as well as to all of you. As part of the arts community, we all know the importance of gathering together and sharing stories.
The 2020 season at the Santa Fe Playhouse will go forward—with a few changes in the line-up. We will remain flexible, dependent upon the health situation as it develops day-to-day. For now, we will open the 2020 season on May 14 with Bad Jews. This date was when the second show, Urinetown was scheduled to open. We are evaluating a new date for Urinetown and will let you know once this is final.
We will continue to keep you apprised through emails and social media. We will use this time to envision our bright future and post fun, helpful tidbits on Facebook and Instagram, so please, connect with us there—we want to hear from you. The Santa Fe Playhouse is here to help.
We are committed to holding space for other theater companies and for our united community during this time and all times to come. We are hoping when May arrives, we will be able to fulfill our mission of engaging people of all ages, and all walks of life, for the sweet gift of coming together to enjoy live performance.
We are so grateful to have you as a member of The Playhouse community and we ask for your continued help to sustain the organization as we maneuver the significant and ongoing impact of this situation.
Here are a few specific ways to make a real difference right now:
- If you usually make an annual gift, please donate now.
- If you are able, increase your annual gift by 10% or more.
- If you have never donated, please consider doing so now when your tax-deductible contribution will help us more than ever.
- Purchase a season subscription for yourself or as a gift to someone you know who will enjoy it.
- If you have already purchased a ticket or tickets, please consider returning your ticket so it becomes a donation. Please call 505-988-4262 and we will assist you. If no one answers, leave a message, and we will be in touch.
We are so grateful for your support as we maneuver the significant and ongoing impact of this situation. Over the course of our long and storied 98-year history, the Santa Fe Playhouse has weathered many storms. We are confident and optimistic, that with your support, we will weather this one, too. The magic of theater is its ability to connect people in times of difficulty and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Playhouse.
Until then, be kind to yourself and one another,
Robyn Rikoon, Artistic Director
David Carter, Managing Director
Annie Liu, Production Manager
Kent Kirkpatrick, Board President
Categorised in: News